Sunday, November 9, 2008

My thoughts

Well I got in trouble, so I need to update my blog. We haven't really had anything real exciting happen in our lives the last few weeks so I have been trying to think of something to put on my blog. I thought I would just share some thoughts that I have had. As you all know Mark has been a leader in the young men's program for several years now. He loves his calling and many times his calling will come first. I have had a problem with this and at times it gets very frustrating. But on Halloween my eyes were finally opened to his view on this. We had two of his young men over at our house ( this happens almost nightly) and they were talking with me about some of their struggles and struggles of the other boys in our ward. I realized that night that I want my home to be somewhere they can come and enjoy themselves. I thought that if they are at my house that is one more night that they are not tempted with the way of the world. I also realized that the weekends that they are camping with my husband is one weekend that they aren't being offered drugs. This may sound silly that I am just now realizing this but for me it took listening to the boys themselves for me to realize how important Marks calling is in these boys lives. I am proud of Mark and the example that he is to me. So here is my idea, I want to knock down the wall in between the two bedrooms down stairs and make a big game room that they can come and enjoy. What do you think? It may decrease the value in our home but it could really make our home more enjoyable.

3 comments:

The Coach and his Wife said...

Finally a new post :) I really like your idea. I think that would be a great addition..think of how much value that would be to the boys lives. It is hard when husbands callings-be it in the church or wrestling-come first, I really have never thought of it the way you put it. It is a new perspective that makes sense and one that I need to remember when dusty is gone all the time~you know if you need help with the demolition that I will be there!

The Cragun's said...

You are the absolute CUTEST, I LOVE you to pieces. I always like to see you brain work, cause you always have the best ideas. We are so proud of Mark and what he is doing for those kids. And you because you are always there supporting no matter what. I think that that is such a fun idea. Please let me know if you need any help. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that post!! Jared has served in the Young Men's or as Scout Master 15 out of our 17 years of marriage so I totally know where you are coming from. I, too, grumble and complain sometimes when I feel like we are being put to the back burner. I have new insight as to why it is important because of the things your wrote. I have never looked at it like you have. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for helping me "open" my eyes to see the important part Jared is playing in these boys lives. Hang in there!! At least I know I have someone who can "feel" my pain!! :0)