Friday, September 19, 2008

Look at me being a homemaker!


I quite my job with the Hampton Inn in September and started as a teachers aid at Evergreen Montessori Academy. I really enjoy my job however I make about half of what I was making and have a lot more time on my hands. So I have been able to do a lot of things that I have been wanting to do. I feel like I am busier now then I was before. I have doubled up on my classes at school and finished projects around the house that I have been needing to finish. I also have found new loves. I have really enjoyed cooking, yes I said it I have enjoyed cooking. Although I still hate with a passion grocery shopping. I would literally pay someone to do that for me. I also have been bottling things. I did salsa a few weeks ago with my Mom and sister Jessica and this week I bottled peaches and did it all by myself and they are really good. I have to say it was pretty easy. we will be doing apple sauce shortly. I have really enjoyed being home more and doing things around the house.

5 comments:

Our Fun Times said...

Wow, Hill Bill, look at you!! Can you teach me...I need to become a homemaker too! :)

Wendy said...

Hot dog! You go girl, you have always been a wonderful homemaker! Now you have just added canning to your great resume!

Megan said...

Hey! Well, I decided to do it last minute and wasn't sure if I was going to make the deadline. So I haven't told anyone! hehe :) I figured there are alot of contestants trying hard to win and getting friends to vote, so I figured it was pretty useless! But fun anyways! Thank you!

The Compton Family said...

I just did salsa two days ago and peaches last week. Way to go Hillari!

Ayrion said...

Wow....I am impressed! Would you remind Mark that he is really lucky!!!! Love ya babe