Sunday, September 7, 2008

Great Thoughts

Well, we have had a very humbling and spiritual few weeks. Yesterday we went to the funeral of our good friend John Carter. We were able to here from some great speakers. I just want to quote some of the things that were said, ( ideas that they had). Lisa's father spoke about angles and how he doesn't think the angles in the pictures are quit right. He says that angles were wranglers, boots, and cowboy hats, they come with tractors and backhoes, bringing rocks and flowers. I totally agree. I think that we have angles all around us and they seem to look just like our family, friends, neighbors, and even sometimes their those strangers that just have a smile. The stake President spoke about how when we were in the preexistence we feared birth and not death. That death was what would bring us back to our Heavenly Father and what we knew. I just found that very comforting to know that John is now with our Heavenly Father and that he is not afraid and that we will be able to be with him again. I just wanted to share some of these thoughts with you. They really touched me and I probably didn't do them justice but I hope maybe they can touch you.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad his funeral did justice for him, he was a great man. Thanks for sharing, I have been really bummed I couldn't go. But his family has been in our thoughts and prayers so thanks for sharing yours thoughts.
W.

The Gibson's said...

Sounds like it was really cool. After having Rhett my thought of death are around those same lines. I don't fear it as much as I use too. Don't get me wrong I feel for the families and the trials they now have to go through but how great is his joy he is home. Thanks for sharing your thoughts I enjoyed them today.

Amanda and the Bradys said...

Love this!! We all need to be reminded often! I am sure things happen to help us remember!!!!
Love ya, and miss ya at work:(