Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Friend John Carter

Well as many of you know yesterday one of Marks best friends passed away. He was on his way to Guatemala for a humanitarian service to build a school or homes ( I am not quite sure). His plain went down and there was only two or three survivors( I am not sure because the stories in the media keep changing). It has been a very sad last few days to remember the great friend that John was for Mark. It is hard to understand that some one so neat was taken from this earth so early. We were able to go to the home of his parents and visit with them and also his wife. Lisa his wife is such a wonderful lady, I have always loved being around her, but today I heard stories of her and the things that she does for those around her. She is a very giving person. I can only hope that one day Mark and I can be like them. I am so glad that I have the gospel in my life to help me understand and know that they are a forever family. John lived a great life and I know that he is were our Heavenly Father needs him most. Our Heavenly Father must also know what a neat lady Lisa is. I know that it is going to be hard for her and her family. As friends of John I think that we can only show our friendship and how much we loved him by helping taking care of his family and always sharing his memory with his children. He was a wonderful friend and I can only pray that we can all be more like him. We love you and will miss you.

2 comments:

The Coach and his Wife said...

I am so sorry for you guys, It is hard to but things into perspective when nothing makes sense or seems unfair, but there really is a reason and a purpose for everything, we just need to be understanding and patient! Thanks for the nice comments, it made my day! I love you guys too, and appreciate all the support everyone gives dusty and me! And for the record you are a pretty neat lady too, I dont think you realize what a great example, friend, sister, aunt, etc... :) you are to everyone around you!

Amanda and the Bradys said...

This is such a loss for all who loved and knew him. I did not, but hearing everyone talk about him has given me enough to know he was a great man, husband, father, and friend! Our prayers are with you and his family!!
Love ya sis!!