Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tragedy at the Cragun home

Tammy Rupe had brought her family over to get all their haircuts for school. I cut the boys and Don took them home so I colored Carly's. As I started on Tammy's hair Kristen Cragun brought her kids over as well to have their hair done. I was still doing Tammy's so Kris was going to go to Walmart and leave her kids at my house so I could get started on them. Well Tammy started to tell Kris a story so she didn't leave right away. Well about 10 or 15 minutes passed and we hear screaming coming down the hall.We all run out and Trey has this huge and I mean huge gash out of the back of his arm, and the other arm was scraped. So to give you a visual of the gashed arm, you could see the muscle and the tendons. It was so sick!! Kris yells call 911, we told her to just take him. Oh and the weird thing was it wasn't bleeding so you could literally see it all. Tammy says she is going with her and I told her no her hair would fry off, so I would go. We got Trey to the car and Kris yells that she needs her purse. I ran to get her purse told Tammy to wash out her hair and Carley's. So as we were driving Trey was going in and out of nearly passing out. He was doing really well though. I was in the back seat telling Trey to breath and Kristen not to change lanes. She was driving like a maniac if you can imagine. We called Mike to meet us at the hospital. We also as we were driving trying to find out what happened. Trey couldn't remember, so I was going through my head what could have happened. Did he climb the fence to go after a ball? No that wouldn't have done this. Then I thought he probably was up on top of the shed and fell some how. So we called Tammy to try and get it out of the kids what had happened. We also asked her,( now this is going to be gross) to look for the skin. She said she had been looking. She figured out what had happened or at least narrowed to down. The ski light on the shed was scattered so we figured he fell through, with his arms up and that is how he cut his arms. Well she had also looked for skin, because we knew there had to be a chunk some were. She couldn't find any and figured( are you ready for this) that Sam my dog ate it. GROSS!!. Well we finally made it to the hospital, they took Trey in and I called Mark to come and assist Mike in giving Trey a blessing. He was there shortly. As I waited for Mark several different people were asking me what had happened and that they had never seen anything like that, even the security guy that sits at the entrance. Well Mark went in and they gave Trey a blessing. He seemed to calm down a little bit after. We left because there was nothing more we could do and they only wanted 2 people in the room.

It did turn out just fine. There was not a chunk taken out so Sam didn't eat it. They were able to get him stitched up ( they did have to call another doctor in the ER doctor couldn't do it). When I talked to him yesterday he was doing very well, he didn't seem to be in much pain.

I have had a real hard time with this. The story finally came out of what happened. He fell through but caught himself with his arms and had to pull himself up out of it. He said he stepped on a lawn mower to get himself up but there is only a vacuum under were he had fell. I look out my kitchen window and think of how much worse it could have been or think why didn't it cut him anywhere else it is such a small hole. We did find out also he was only a centimeter from hitting an artery and they don't know why it didn't bleed. It is amazing to me what the body will do when it needs to.

So here are a list of things that are amazing.
Kris was still at my house and not at Walmart.
Mike was at Walmart so he was really close.
Mark didn't work that day so he also was really close.
The cut didn't bleed.
It was only a centimeter from an artery
It only cut his arms
He was able to pull himself back up over the deck and into the house.

If the Lord didn't have a hand in this I don't know who did.
Oh by the way Trey also cut his head open at my house and Mark broke his wrist. So note to Trey stay away form us. Just Kidding. I think it is funny thought he rides motorcycles, they have steep stairs at there house. There is a big swing set at Grandma Craguns. Tammy has a big rock wall, and a tramp at her house. We have a church parking lot and a shed and were does he get hurt? Our house. We love you Trey and hope you are feeling better.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Holy crap!!! That is nuts! How does that kid get so hurt at your house? Last time he cut his head open, now he's falling through sky lights and almost dying! You need to strap that kid to a chair and not let him go anywhere when he comes over. My heck, I feel bad for him and for Mike and Kris but I feel worse for you because you're always caught in the middle. Poor thing! Thanks for the story though, it's good to get updates on things from home. I have already missed a major catastrophe!
Thanks for you comment on my blog, I needed to hear that. I don't know when we'll be back but probably sometime either next summer or next Christmas. Keep the stories coming though, it's so nice! We miss you tons and I'm not going to elaborate because I'm getting sad.
Wendy

RTC said...

You need to get the pics from Mike and Kris and post them - nasty!

The Gibson's said...

oh man, the story was worse in person. I don't do well with accidents.

Ayrion said...

I am glad I wasn't at your house when this all went down...I would have freaked. I am glas everything worked out OK! Talk to you soon...

Ayrion said...

Oh don't get the pics and post them....that would be really icky. Really!!!