Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Journal post from the night after Mark passed away.



On September 11,2010 I lost the love of my life. Mark Earl Cragun left this earth at about 11:00am. He left nothing undone though. Saturday night our house was completed from a flood that had happened a month before. Thursday we adopted the three beautiful children that were sent hear to us. The people that loved him were able to serve him the last few months of his life. I think he also wanted everyone to remember him so he chose September 11th, when there would be flags out for the rest of us to always remember. I had something small and maybe just silly happen. One of Marks last days was spent going to the Temple with one of his favorite young men, Chris Jarman in preparation for his mission. After going to the Temple Mark insisted that we go to get a cheesecake knowing that he would not be able to eat it. The Jarmans had chosen Sally's, a small Diner in Ogden. When we got there Mark saw a peach tart pie (his favorite) that h just had to have. Again knowing that he would not really be able to eat much more then a small bight he had to have it. Well, that night that Mark passed away a sweat sister in our ward brought me a peach tart pie from that small diner in Ogden Utah. Maybe it was just a coincidence or maybe it was Mark telling me he was okay. I can't even express my love for this wonderful man, or the hurt and loneliness that is in my heart. I miss him so much already. I want so badly to call him or just to see him sitting in his chair watching some stupid Spanish sports station. Now I just have to live my life so that he will be proud of me I have to serve because I know that he loved to serve. I have to be strong because he was alway strong. One think that I know he would be telling me right now would be to get up, and get myself together, be strong and stop crying. Oh how I will miss him, oh how I hope I can make him proud of me. I love you Mark and I will show you. ( This was taken from my journal on September 12th)




2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Hillari you are such a beautiful person. I know you are hurting but the strength and faith you express is inspiring to me. You are so amazing and were always so wonderful to me. Those kids are so lucky to have you as their Mom!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Yeah, You're right.





Nursery Schools in Chennai