Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reality

Okay, so today reality hit me. I received a call today that my Grandma Rock, who I have been seeing everyday now, had a minor stroke this morning. I have been okay with watching her and have really enjoyed being there. ( By the way I am getting paid so I am not as great of a person as you think, I just wanted to make that clear) Anyway, I realized today that one day it is going to be really hard because I am going to get the call that my Grandma has died or I will be there when she does. I am not sure if I am okay with that. I love her so much it is really hard to see her the way she is. Today I had to feed her, the stroke effected her right side so she couldn't stedy her hand to make it to her mouth. She just slept most of the time I was there. I had to wake her up to eat and to go to the bathroom. It really is sad. Now I can see why it is so hard on my Aunts to be there everyday. Well on a funny note, she didn't say much all day other then she needed her coffee, (which is hot coco) and as I was leaving she told me to drive safely. I didn't even think she really knew I was there today.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm sorry, that's so sad. At least you have been there and got to spend some time with her lately, it would have been even more terrible if you would have missed out on this opportunity. Good luck, you're tough!

The Compton Family said...

I am so sorry about your Grandma. I hope that she starts to realize that you are there so you can have some good last memories. It is hard to deal with Mortality. Especially when they are people that have known you your whole life.

The Coach and his Wife said...

Hillari I really dont know how you do it, I dont know if I could ever handle what you are doing for your granparents. Think how much better they are doing becuase you are there to take care of them, let us know if you need anything!

Jen said...

Just wanted to tell you that I had a blast on Friday and saturday--You are such a riot and a lot of fun. So thanks for all the laughs (and the tears--glad I wasn't the only one that was sobbing during that cheesy movie)