Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Rock

I have not been on my blog for a while. I have started watching my Grandma Rock during the week after work from 1:30 to 6pm. I didn't think this would be that hard but it sure does take a lot out of my day. I have loved doing it though. My Grandma has alstimers pretty bad and it is just getting to hard for my Grandpa to move around, so I am there just to help out. I have been spending a lot of time cleaning and those that know my Grandparents know that it is much needed. My Grandpa doesn't let me through anything out but I am at least able to clean. I want to share some funny things that have happened while I have been there.
One day when I went in my Aunt Deane asked my Grandma if she knew who I was and she said in her sweet little voice," of course I do she's my relative". I thought that was clever she is pretty safe saying that. She really doesn't know who I am. I think that she knows that she knows me but she doesn't know how she knows me. I just love her!!
My Grandpa had went to Ogden and did some grocery shopping. He brought home a lot of grocery's ( which wasn't needed, he has ROOMS full of food). I was putting them away and he had bought some vegetables that needed to go in the fridge. Well the bottom of the fringe had some OLD apples in it. I told my Grandpa that I needed to through out the rotten apples so that I could fit the vegetables in the fridge. He told me that they weren't rotten they were just wilted. Well I finally convinced him I needed to through them out. So we were throwing them over the deck because there had been some deer out there, and I look over and my Grandpa is putting them in his pocket. I told him that they were bad and he just said that I didn't understand what it was like to not have any food so I don't appreciate those kind of things. I just told him that he has food now and he doesn't have to eat the bad apples. But he didn't listen so I will have to through those out when he isn't home. Hee Hee. It has been fun visiting with my Grandpa and learning all about his life. I will keep you updated on funny things they do. They are funny people, but you just have to love them.

3 comments:

anjie said...

That is very good of you!! How hard for your grandma.

Amanda and the Bradys said...

wish i could be there!!

Wendy said...

Sounds like a total blast! Good for you, you're so good to people. When I get old and can't remember you will you come and throw out my bad apples too? I'll probably need it. Thanks for sharing, these stories should be really fun, I love your grandparents.